Our client is an a young, innovative, and dynamic inland shipping company with its headquarters in the Canton of Zug. The Group is growing significantly and with this growth more ships will be managed by the Swiss company.
On behalf of our client, we are therefore looking to staff a
Junior Head of Accounting
The scope of the tasks and responsibilities for this role:
- Responsible for the financial accountability/administration
- Processing of purchase and sales invoices
- Trade payables and trade receivables management
- Management of tangible fixed assets statement / local fleet list
- Processing payroll journal entries
- Financial processing and control of personnel declarations
- Tax returns (VAT, corporate tax, payroll tax)
- Support transfer of activities from NL to Switzerland, primary responsibility of Finance NL
- Set-up ERP package in collaboration with NL
- Monthly financial reporting; Currents, budgets & FC, overview of the fleet
- Point of contact for local audits, including annual closings
- Support with financing applications at (local) credit institutions
- Local tax support in Switzerland
- Supporting the tax relocation of the organization
- Point of contact for local tax authorities and tax advisors in Switzerland
- Involvement in tax subsidies/government grants on corporate taxes and other subsidies
- Supportive / financial business partner for local managing director and technical director
Profile of this role
The ideal candidate has completed a higher accounting/finance certificate and has at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the fleet business. The candidate should be able to work autonomous i.e., in a small team and be able to take initiative to tackle day-to-day issues, make suggestions to build the organisation in Switzerland. Swiss German/German is of importance and Dutch would be an advantage. Given the intense cooperation with the HQ team, fluent English knowledge is necessary. MS Office particularly Excel and finance systems are expected to be on a professional level.
Since this role is new in the Group the candidate should be able to take initiative, be firm and flexible. The nature of the business requires a person that has experience in taking decisions, thinking in financial as well as economic terms and to understand a fast-growing high-speed business.
The ideal candidate has a high level of energy and passion, is pragmatic, decisive and has focus on details as well as for the big picture and working closely with the team.
For interested candidates the company offers a wide range of the working portfolio.
We are looking forward to receiving a complete set of application documents of candidates who meet the profile and who will continue to build the success story of our client.
+41 41 711 4242